Sunday, February 6, 2011

"It's Not A Puma!"

I haven't blogged in a while. I've been having migraines. I've been getting them most of my life, and have dealt with them as best as I can.

The longest migraine I've had was 5 days long. I remember just laying in bed for days, just miserable and praying for it to end. The only time I pray is when I have a migraine; and I don't even know who I'm praying to!

I've been to the ER several times to get an IV for rehydration (a major cause of my migraines is dehydration), I've had Gravol and demerol shots in my bum. Those are great! You can still feel the pain, but you're so fucked up, you just don't care!

Up until 3 weeks ago, I hadn't had a migraine in almost 2 years. They went away during my first 6 weeks of pregnancy and came back with a vengeance recently. In the last 3 weeks, I have had 3 migraines. Each lasted about 2-3 days with one day of hangover afterwards. I think I'm trying to stave off a fourth migraine right now. I'm not sure what's going on.

Before I was pregnant, I used to tell M that it felt like I had a tumour. Trying to make me feel better, he'd adopt an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent and say "It's not a toomah!" (tumour). Then he'd go further with the joke "It's not a puma!". This is a quote from the movie Kindergarten Cop.  M brought the joke out of retirement.  I do giggle every time he says it.

No comments:

Post a Comment