Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some actual Nephew info

I talked to my nephew's case worker today for about 20 minutes.  The baby daddy is fighting for custody, and there was a 3 day trial for it last week.  The three days of trial were not enough to reach a decision, so it's been continued.  It probably won't be back on the court docket until May.  For now, my nephew is still with his foster family (the same one he's been with for almost 2 years).

The baby daddy apparently has a sister who may be interested in adopting my nephew as well, but like me, would not want anything to do with baby daddy or my sister if that happens.  I told the case worker to keep my info and to call me if and when it gets to that point.  She said she'd keep me apprised of the situation, even though she doesn't have to.

So that's the news.




Photo by: "D Sharon Pruitt" 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment