Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Irony of Smashed Potatoes

BLEH!

I think mashed potatoes are disgusting.  They make me gag and want to vomit.  But surprisingly, I can make the most heavenly mashed potatoes.  Maybe it's because I'm so completely unbiased?

I've been with M for nearly 11.5 years and he's never had my mashed potatoes.  Subsequently, neither has E.

Tonight, E wanted mashed potatoes for supper.  I reminded her to use the homo milk, rather than the skim. She looked at me funny and told me that she didn't plan to use milk at all.  Me, being the mashed potatoe connoisseur, I was shocked!  She asked me if I would finish making her mashed potatoes.  I obliged, with much enthusiasm.

I boiled them until falling apart.  I crushed them a bit with the mixer, poured in homo milk, added a wad of butter and salt & peppered to visual pleasure.  Then I whipped them with the electric mixer, until they were visually pleasing.  I scooped them out of the pot into a big red bowl.  I stupidly tasted them on the way to delivering them to E.  Now it's all I can taste in my mouth, and I completely want to gag!  Gross.
E, on the other hand, is in heaven with her whipped/smashed/creamed/mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment