Friday, April 1, 2011

My Knee facking HURTS!

I hate my knee.  The left one is pretty cool, but my right one is a piece of crap.



Sometime during Christmas week, I had to lunge to reach H.  She had just learned to climb, and had gotten onto the love seat and was scaling the back.  She was one step away from going over the ledge (she was lightening quick!) and I lunged.  Mid-lunge, all I could hear was ::snap:: ::crackle:: ::pop::  There went my knee.

I've had knee pain all my life, so it didn't bother me too much.  Over the next few weeks, the swelling in my knee would come and go.  Nothing new.  Sometimes it would pop and crack again, but it wasn't overly unusual for my knee to sound like bubble wrap being joyfully snapped one bubble at a time.

In recent weeks, my knee has started to feel like I was tearing every ligament in my knee (I've done this before) whenever I straightened it out.  This was particularly bothersome whilst sleeping.  The searing, burning flames in my knee was not a very pleasant way to wake up.

Last Friday, I knew it was finally time to call the doctor when I tried to straighten out my leg and my knee cap stayed in place.  It's quite nauseating to have to push my own knee cap back into place.  It was about a million times worse than seeing your nail bent backwards at a 90-degree angle after you've knocked it, and having to push it back.

After I pushed my knee cap back in place, I promised myself that I would call the doctor first thing Monday.  Last weekend was survived by copious amounts of Robaxecet and Advil.

Monday, I went to the doctor.  She thankfully gave me some Tramacet (sp?) for the pain, and scheduled me for a CT scan in a town 2.5 hours away (the joys of small-town life).   So, in 4-6 weeks I'll be in a hospital in the next big town having a massive needle jammed into my knee injecting me with radio-active crap, so that they can see my glow-in-the-dark soft tissue, muscles, ligaments and cartilage.

Something to look forward to???

No comments:

Post a Comment