Friday, December 31, 2010

Crappy Poo Year!

I will start off with saying simply that I hate New Years Eve.


I despise New Years to the very core of my being.  I'm the type of person who would gratefully take the shift at work on New Years Day.  I stay up until midnight, but I don't get sloppy drunk or stay out until 5 am.  I'm usually at home with my family watching the ball drop in Times Square on tv.

The last time I was out on New Years was in college.  The first year I went out for New Years, I got kicked out of the bar for falling asleep at our table.  The second time I went out for New Years, I got kicked out of the bar for punching my boyfriend's (now my husband) roommate because he stepped on my foot.

My dislike for New Years really has no rooting or reason for being.  As a kid, my sister and I had fun banging pots and pans on our balcony at midnight, screaming "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"  Nothing terrible ever happened to me on New Years.  I just don't like it.

People make too much of a stink about New Years.  It's used as an excuse to get blazing drunk and act like an idiot.  (I'm proof of that those two years I went out in college).  People use it as an excuse to start anew, to make resolutions, out with the old and in with the new.  I don't see why we need one day a year to tell us to do these things.  Why not decide to lose weight on June 16th, or quit smoking on September 8th, or decided to change your life and the direction you're heading in on March 13th?  Why December 31st/January 1st?

Crappy Poo Year everyone!  Hope you all have a lovely evening and a prosperous new year!  BLEH!

No comments:

Post a Comment