Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dear Me

Sometimes I email myself.

When I'm awake in the middle of the night, feeding my baby, I'll think of things or come across things while surfing the net on my iPhone.  I'll email myself the link to a website, a thought, a funny quote I came across, or a thought I need to remember later.

When I'm feeling particularly blue, I'll add something to the end... a positive message to myself.  An affirmation.

"You're awesome"

"You're an amazing mom"

"It'll be okay"

"Tomorrow is a new day"

"I love you"

I have a loving husband.  Two beautiful girls.  A fantastic family.  A wonderful in-law family.  But I feel so alone.  I feel like no one notices.  No one sees me.  No one cares.  No one listens.

I write these private messages to myself, so that at least I know that I am listening to myself.  I hear me.  I resonate with me.  I love me.  I'm broken, but I love every shard of me.

I love every shard of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment