Monday, November 22, 2010

Get Out of My Way!

Back story:  Last November, when I was 7 months pregnant, I went to the walk-in clinic with pain in my upper abdomen just below my right boob.  I had been in the office for about an hour when this woman came in.  She clearly had a headache.  In fact, she was there for a migraine.  Big deal.  I remember that they started to fawn over her, because she could barely sit up, and was on the verge of vomiting.  They wanted to transfer her over to the hospital for IV meds, but she made a fuss, because she had to pick up her son from school.  I can't remember what happened to her after that.  I think that I was finally called into see the doctor.  You know, because a healthy woman with a migraine was more important than a pregnant woman with a sharp pain in her abdomen.  That pissed me off.  (Turned out I had a pressure point and the first of five UTIs).


Ever since that day, I see that chick EVERYWHERE!  I'm sure I'd never seen her before that day.  Trust me, she's a pretty memorable person.  I see her more often than I see my in-laws, who live 5 doors down from me.


This chick is always pushing around the baby carriage with her son in it (who's got to be at least 5 years old).  It's one of those carriages that are sporty and low to the ground, with three wheels.  The kid is never strapped in.  She's always buying cigarettes.  She looks pretty "poor", too, so you know... she needs to spend her last $10 on a pack of ciggies, rather than some fruit or whatever for her kid.  She always looks tired.  She's always yelling at her kid, who is always mis-behaving.


She's a single mom.  I did she her with the baby-daddy once at the grocery store.  It looked like they were doing a hand-off.  Some people are the victim of beer goggles.  This woman must have been wearing beer inter-galactic telescopes.  Dude put the fucking in fugly!  Holy hell.  BLEH!


Anyways, I'm sick of seeing this chick.  Every time I see her, my blood boils a little.  She annoys the shit out of me.  Poor woman is trash.  A drain on society.  It's people like her that piss me off when I pay my taxes, and she's the one who benefits from my hard work and toiling.  That last $10 she used to buy her ciggies, I was the one who worked for it and paid my taxes for the sake of her welfare cheque.  I say this, because she obviously does not work.  I live in a small enough town to know where random people work, and I've not seen her anywhere... unless she's a stripper...  I mean, she could be pretty enough if she got some sleep and put on some mascara, and stopped picking at her face.


I'm pissed that she got more attention than me at the walk-in clinic.  I thought pregnant woman and babies jumped to the head of every line, especially the medical lines.


So, when I see her tomorrow, because you know I will, I will grit my teeth again, and swear to myself silently.


**Note: rainbow barfing girl picture is:  "Barf of Happiness" by neofirefly

No comments:

Post a Comment