Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Stupid Allergy!

I am allergic to yellow.  Sadly, it's my favourite colour.


It's a real pain in the ass to be allergic to yellow (known as Yellow 5 or Tartrazine).  It is in EVERYTHING!  My allergic reaction varies depending on the amount of Tartrazine present.  I'm allergic to dish soap (allergic to dishes!  Yeah!), Kraft Dinner, most OTC medicines with colour coatings, certain gum, certain toothpaste, certain shampoos/conditioners, soap, juice, candy, detergent... the list goes on!

I have an insane rash on my fingers because of dish soap.  I've tried every OTC cream and prescription cream out there.  Nothing is clearing it up.  It's really quite painful and ITCHY!  I bought some Benedryl cream today.  Let's hope it works.

Yesterday I had a craving for KD.  So I indulged.  Bad idea.  :(   I had the worst pain, my throat swelled, my nose got runny, I was sneezy, my face was itchy.  It was terrible.  I ended up taking some Benedryl and the symptoms dissipated.  It was pretty scary actually.  I'd never had a reaction that bad before.

I began reading labels.  It got annoying, so I stopped.  After last night's fiasco I've started reading labels again.  Here's to the 75 hour trip to the grocery store, standing in the aisles forever reading labels.  BLAH!

Yellow... yellow... I love thee so much, but you cause me pain.  Yellow... yellow...  ::le sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment