Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Soup.


Me thinking of soup.


I've always had a love/hate relationship with soup.  When I was a child, I would ONLY eat Campbell's chicken noodle or vegetable soup.  And then I would ONLY eat the contents, not the broth.  This drove my mum up the wall.  I never liked the broth.  I can't explain it; it's just a dislike on the cellular level.

My dislike for soup was solidified when I had 2 of my wisdom teeth out in 2003.  I bought a can of soup broth, because chewing was impossible.  And it was beyond disgusting.  I think it was garlic chicken broth.  It tasted like a leather boot.  BLEH!

My FIL and M make AMAZING soup.  But, I can't get past the fact that it looks like vomit.  The smell even makes my stomach churn now.  

The last time I had soup was at my BFF's wedding in 2005.  ABC served tomato basil soup as a starter.  I'd never had tomato soup before.  So I gave it a whirl.  I quite liked it!  Then later that evening in the pub at the golf course where her wedding was M and I had a bowl of carrot ginger soup (it was also a puree).  That was the best soup I've ever had!  So it appears that I'm not entirely adverse to soup.  I like the purees.  They do not look like vomit.  No broth, no chunks.  

The other day I bought a can of butternut squash/carrot soup, and a can of tomato soup.  I plan to have these soups, but I think I'll have when H is having lunch, so she can have it if I don't like them.  She likes butternut squash and she likes tomatoes.  

I want to like soup.  I've got that weight loss New Years resolution to keep up with, and soup is hearty and low in calories.  So... here's to soup and sandwiches!  Here's to soup and salad.  Here's to soup, soup, soup, soupidy soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment